Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Slowdown

I've blogged everyday for a week I think, and it's been good, but I think I'll ease up a bit now. Thanks for your regular attendance.


We're off for our September break at the end of the week. Only as far as the Bay of Mt St Michel, which isn't very far. Some people find it somewhat daft that we're happy to travel so short a distance for a holiday ('I could give you directions to there from here...' said Molly's vet rather derisively when I took her for a check-up yesterday), but we rather like doing so; you effectively get more time away, because you don't spend so much time travelling and recovering from travelling, and in fact being on holiday, for us anyway, is much less about how far you are from home and much more about a shift of perception.


But there's quite a bit to get straight before we go, the weather is glorious, and I'd like to spend a bit more time catching up with some of your blogs too, so while I may post again before we leave, I'll leave the daily blogging now for a while. There's always the November NabloPoMo fest for that...


So here's a bunch of roses to thank you for reading.

12 comments:

Jean said...

Have a sweet time!

I've loved reading your recent writing and your photos get better and better. This collage is fantastic - I want to smell it (pot pourri about to burst into flames) and eat it (perfumed dolly mixtures).

Bee said...

Goodness, what a vivid bouquet!

I've been catching up with the week's output, and I do like how your tone and subjects can vary so much but your voice is always so TRUE. The lemon tree post: one of my favorites ever. A beautiful piece of writing, Lucy.

Enjoy your holiday . . . and I do think that you have a good point about the travel. We are always taking 10 hour flights (plus all of the hideous connections and waiting time), and no matter how relaxing the holiday is, we always come home bleached out and tired.

HLiza said...

I noticed you wrote daily too these few days..and i love all of them..and these roses too. Distance is not an issue for me..as long as we have fun!

Rouchswalwe said...

Will the sloe gin be alright all alone in the bathtub then? If you need a gin-sitter ...?
The roses are beautiful. You're a classy lady, sweet Lucy. Oh, that Whiskey film you mentioned ~ they have it at my local library, if you can believe it. I'll watch for that party scene and let you know if it is indicative of my bring your own mug fests. Have a thrilling vacation together!

Zhoen said...

Thanks for writing.

We, too, like minimal travel time for maximum sitting round seeing someplace new time.

James said...

I'm with you on the close vacations. I often find that the less the distance traveled the deeper the experience.

Crafty Green Poet said...

Lovely roses! Have a great break! I am a beleiver too in not travelling too far for holidays. We almost always holiday in Scotland (though of course getting to some of the islands can be quite a trek!). We're having a break soon too...

20th Century Woman said...

Lovely roses. Enjoy your holiday. I have just looked at your blog for the first time and like it very much, so I'll keep coming back.

Dick said...

Beautiful flowers, Lucy. The Bay of St Michel - profitez-en!

apprentice said...

What a lovely collage of blooms. Have a great break and I look forward to seeing the pictures and hearing all about it.

The Joined up Cook said...

Yes, what a beautiful montage to leave us with.

Meggie said...

I thank you graciously for the wonderful roses!